Our Executive Director
Ms. Elmore has over 25 years of experience in the field of self-help and designing programs for reentry, domestic violence victims, and grandparents raising their grandchildren. As Founder and CEO of Turning Corners Alliance, Ms. Elmore also taught classes at Durham Technical Community College on job readiness, computer skills and resume writing skills. She was also facilitator at the Troy House before it closed its doors in 2017.
Experts in the field of mass incarcerations, Megan Comfort, author of Doing Time Together, and Gina Davis of the Essie Group, provided Bessie with direction to bring STSG’s visions to fruition.
“As the mother of a man who has just finished serving 24 years in prison, I know firsthand that there is nothing easy about keeping connections alive. I have been on that roller coaster and it is a hard, lonely ride. That’s why I started Straight Talk Support Group and STSG Transitional House.”
Phone: (919) 448-739
STSG has 24-hour staff coverage and surveillance to provide secure and safe shelter. Our staff are trained professionals with certifications for PREA, CPR and Crisis De-escalation. Certified Peer Support Specialists and Reentry Service Providers assist residents with supportive services, personal development and life skills.
- Program Manager, Kenneth Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 984-219-1001 (o), 919-360-7793 (c)
- Monitor/Med Technician 984-219-1001
- Lead Monitor 984-219-1001
- Monitor (Overnight), 984-219-1001
- Weekend Monitor, 984-219-1001
Ms. Vega Swepson, ABD, MS, CHW, human services professional and certified Community Health Worker with twenty-plus years of experience providing case management and intervention services as a Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QP) in Orange, Durham, and Wake counties. She has a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree from North Carolina Central University.
- WELLNESS RE-ENTRY
- DURHAM COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
- NC F.I.T.
- FREEDOM HOUSE
- CAROLINA OUTREACH
- LINCOLN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
- SAMARITAN HEALTH CENTER
- COMMUNITIES SUCCESS INITIATIVE
- COASTAL HORIZONS CENTER
- EMPOWERING-LIVES (EMPOWERINGLIVESGUARDIANSHIP.COM)
- NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY (nccu.edu)
- DUKE UNIVERSITY
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA (unc.edu)
- TRIANGLE EMPOWERMENT CENTER